Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lone Pine

Waking up at 7.30 am today, at 8.30 am after a cup of Milo, me, Jeen, Sheu, Ching Yee and Cheryl went to a koala sanctuary. It's called Lone Pine, the Koala Sanctuary. This being the first time I went to somewhere in Brisbane without my bro or Rachel to bring us around so we were quite unsure about everything.

Fortunately, we arrived there in one piece and after paying the admission fee of AUD$19 for student rate with the show of a student card (thank goodness for the student card, it provides us discount for almost everything) and we went in!

There were various animals such as birds, wombats, wallabies, crocodiles, emu and etc animals, but the most common that could be found at almost everywhere was the Koala. WOW!! THAT'S why it's called the koala sanctuary. We saw the dog sheep show and even met another fellow Malaysian there. Since she was alone, we decided to hang out together and visit the whole place together. Turned out that she was an exchange student in the same university!

Yeah, I saw what was an emu and wombat since I have never heard of wombats and the only time I heard of emu was the emu jerky that I saw in Sydney airport. I managed to touch kangaroos which were super cute. There was the kangaroo feeding session but we didn't buy anything to feed it. Being Malaysian, we are just to stingy to spend on these things. So we would just go touch the kangaroo without any food since it's an open enclosure that anyone of everyone could go in. Once the kangaroo realizes that we don't have food, they would just hop away. With about 130 kangaroos in that really big enclosure, it gave us a lot of time and chance to touch the kangaroos.

We had lunch there and everyone had people to share food with except me again so in the end I ordered the crispy potato wedges with sweet chili and sour cream but the portion came out really big. I couldn't finish it and I had to recruit the others to help me finish it. In the end, we manged to finish it, YAY!! Since the potato wedges just came out from the wok, I was drinking quite a lot of water just to make sure that I don't get sore throat tomorrow. I had to get another bottle of water since I didn't have enough. And like all other tourist places, the prices there are higher than other places. I had to pay like AUD$3 for a bottle water. Sigh...

I was kind of looking forward to cuddling a koala, but it's stated there that you could only cuddle it if you take their photographing services and the cheapest is AUD$15. Since the price is so high and I am not sure when my dad will be transfering me more money, I didn't really want to waste it on something like this. I would rather keep that money to buy Acheron's book instead. But in the end, we still manage to touch the koala. it was so fluffy!! cheryl said that it reminded her of a floor mat!! how true!!

we left the sanctuary around 1 something and we managed to catch the correct bus to Indooroopilly mall for shopping. Throughout the busride, I was feeling sleepy and when I got down at the mall, I was suddenly feeling a little home sick again so I wasnt really in the good mood for shopping. Jeen and Ching Yee gotten down at the earlier stop so we had to wait for them at the entrance. We went to Indooroopilly mall because Sheu wanted to get the bag that Jeen have and she managed to get it. It looks really nice!!

After coming back, I took a short nap and then a bath. In the bathroom I was once again feeling a little down and fulfilled my tears quota for the day. By dinner time, after trying to call my friends in KL using the phone card but somehow or rather they are either not in or busy or won't pick up my call (had a little chat with Aunt Grace when I called Michelle) and I felt lots better. Maybe because of the connection I have with them and their connection with home. So, when it reached dinner time, I was quite alright. haha...

That's all for the day guys...

Sorry there wasn't pictures since my camera ran out of battery and i forget to charge it. For pictures, please visit Sheu Quen's facebook!! Hugz!

No comments: