Turned out that there are many of us that are in 1U today. Mae told me she's there and she saw Derrick. Later on, Jeremy told me that he was there too. Too bad i didn't meet Mae or Jeremy. When i found out that Derrick is back in KL, i called him and scheduled a short meeting. After all, he's my pet bro for like 5 years and I really do miss the crazy moments we spent in school and tuition.
Meeting and talking to Derrick brought out many emotions in me today. I was surprised to find him back home, happy that we get to see each other during his short trip and at one point, feeling a little down when he made reference to my stay in Australia. It had really made me stop and think and this is what I came out with.
In many ways, I have stop thinking about my time in Australia, I have stop doubting the decision that I have made many months ago. After all it's already 6 months, and in these 6 months, I have slowly regained my self confidences in making decisions for my own. I guess the topic of my stay in Australia will always be a sensitive issue to me. until now, i still find myself stiffening whenever I hear people ask questions about my return, but I stopped taking it to heart and stopped viewing it as failure.
I guess there are still moments that I would ask myself, what would happen if I stayed behind, but if you ask me if I had regretted my decision, my answer would be no. I had a great group of friends here - Jue, Mae, Brigitte, Siew See, Pei Ling, Alexa. and if I didn't come back, I would not have gain a new group of people that I would proudly call them as friends. Before I left, there were merely acquaintances that I know from Mae, but after I came back, we all became closer and I am very happy to have them as my friends. These people are:Eliza, Luc, Calvin, Jeremy, Izzie, Dennis and a whole lot of other people . I guess, if I didn't come back, I would not get to know these great individuals personally, and that would be a huge waste. They brought more smiles and laughters into my life and I am very happy for it. So, if you ask me, if I had regretted my decision, I would say no. Who would? with such great friends?

Standing: Calvin
Sitting (left to right): Luc, Eliza, Mae, Me and Jeremy
Dennis is the photographer and Izzie did not come along with us.
Sitting (left to right): Luc, Eliza, Mae, Me and Jeremy
Dennis is the photographer and Izzie did not come along with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment