Friday, December 5, 2008

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst

Hey peeps!! Hols is here and yes, that means finals is over too!!! Hols started yesterday. I should be rejoicing but somehow, my mood isn't what I expected it to be. Just 2 days into the holidays and I am already feeling bored. I have been downloading games to play during finals, and somehow the games that I downloaded, I finished playing it. So I guess that means searching for more games to play.

I just finish playing one of the 'bigfishgames' kinda games. Seriously! for those of you that are wondering what is a 'bigfishgame', they are games that basically have simple way of playing, they are either puzzles, hidden object games or time management games. These games are also games that could be found for free on Yahoo and others, but the games there are only up to limited level, which can be a real mood spoiler since it stops when it starts to get exciting. You can also get the trial version, which I think is another mood spoiler since it's only an hour, just enough to get you addicted. I for one, love to play these kind of games, and since it cost money to actually buy the full version, I do like what most people will do. I download the full version that are cracked by super smart people and post it online for other not so smart people like me :D

Okay, the game that i just finish playing is called Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. It continued from the previous Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate and the Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst. Basically, in the first Ravenheast, we play as a detective who is sent to investigate a manor which is rumored to be haunted. There we look for clues and solve puzzles and finally freed the soul of the ghost in the manor. The ghost is Emma. In Madame Fate, you are sent to investigate a predicted murder in a carnival. Madame Fate, who is a fortune teller, fortolded her death and asked your help to look for the murderer before she gets killed. Turn out that in the end, the killer is Charles, who is also the villan in Ravenhearst. It seems that when we released Emma's soul, he roamed free and decided to kill Madame Fate.

In this installment, you return to Ravenhearst Manor and Emma met you there, telling you that there are OTHER souls trap in Ravenhearst Manor and we are suppose to go and release them from the evil Charles before he returns to the Manor. So, once again, you go through the house searching for clues. Along the way, you meet the ghost of Emma, Rose and her daughters Charlotte and Gwen who are trapped in the manor. It seems that evil Charles had kidnapped Rose and her daughters and kept them in an underground city below the manor and when they are dead, their souls are kept in the city with weird looking locks which contains puzzles and we have to solve them before entering the rooms. Apparently, the souls of Rose and her daughters will keep Charles strong enough to travel between the living and the death dimension so that he can travel between both worlds. Did I mention that Charles is born in the 1880's??

So the objective of the game is to look for clues and solve the puzzles around the house while ghosts and ghostly whispering could be seen and heard in the game. It's a hidden object game, so in order to play this game, we have to strain our eyes at the tiniest detail in a scene, looking for a specific object. With this kinda of games, little wonder why I am wearing glasses.

Anyway, I think this game is among the best in the Mystery Case Files Series is because the graphic is stunning! Fantastic! You even get to see ghosts which we don't get to see in the first Ravenhearst. Not to mention you actually get to see the whole room, rather than a specific scene and this allows us to click on certain stuff that can freak us out.

Well, In the end, you manage to solve the mystery, killing Charles along with his machines and setting free Rose, Gwen and Charlotte's soul. But there's twist! Charles has a son called Victor. and he traveled back to the 1880's, so I think there's going to be a sequel to this. I think! According to the detective's calculation, Victor is suppose to be 110 years old. Freaky!! The whole scenery of the game looks real cool too, it's just like how I expect an old rusty underground city to be. Oh yeah, the city only has a salon, a general store, toy shop, school and a very weird lifesize gingerbread cottage for the children to play in. The whole atmosphere that the gamer created along with the ghostly whispers scared me quite a few times.

Once, I was all alone at home playing the game, I decided to stop because it's just too freaky to play when I am alone at home. I also don't play at night so I spend my noons playing this game and it's finally came to an end :( How sad... I can't wait for the next installment. I think that the game developer really did a great job on this game. I would say it deserves full marks! :D

No comments: