Monday, December 22, 2008

Malacca! we come in peace!

Hey people!! yeah, it's super long since I updated...so, here's an update.

for those of you who doesn't know, I went a trip with my friends - Mae, Eliza, Alexa, Calvin, Jeremy, Luc and Tee Keat. When we arrived there, Syed, Jo and Fred joined us.

Our first stop was the Malacca Zoo where we saw animals!! The zoo was quite lacking in terms of 2 legged mammals aka humans. It's was very hot too!! but nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves and kept ourselves cool with coke and warm root beer. (somehow the root beer from the A&W stall is WARM! yuck!)

after that, we went to our hotel called Hotel Hallmark. While waiting till 2 o'clock so that we can check in, we went for lunch. We ended up lost in Malacca. after walking aimlessly and unknowingly if we are in the right direction, we managed to ask our way through to Jonker Street where we had lunch. then, getting directions from the shopkeeper, we walked our way back to the hotel. I think the shopowner think that we drove to Jonker street, so he directed the way to our hotel if we DRIVE. We found out later that there is a way shorter route we can take on foot from Jo and Fred.

We rested and started our journey around Malacca on foot! went to many places and snapped a lot of pictures. here are some it....

Our jumping picture! after many tries, we finally got it. we must have looked very silly jumping up so many times trying to get this pic. :D thanks to Mae for adding Malacca and to Jeremy for taking the pic


One of our group pic. Jeremy is missing because he's the cameraman :D


I kinda like this pic.


We called this, our KAMI picture!

the emo pic that Mae took for me while we were passing time at an open air court.

That night, the gals went over to the guys room to mingle around. Luc, Syed, Jeremy, Calvin and Me took turns to play chor tai di, Mae was busy snapping pictures, Eliza was reading a comic book while Alexa and Tee Keat were spending quality time together in one corner. Later, I fell asleep and the boys along with Mae played bluff. It was around 2.30 that we went back to our rooms to sleep.

I was playing Chor Tai Di with the guys

Mae, Alexa and I shared a bed while Eliza slept in a sleeping bag. We woke up at 4.45am the next morning to see sunrise. We climbed up to a fort, I think it's St. Paul fort? correct me if I am wrong. We got lost around for a while, but managed to find our way there. The initial plan was to walk there, but then we changed it to driving there and I am sooo glad for it. Maybe because there are a lot of turning during the drive to the fort, I felt like it's too far for us to walk. But Jo and Fred assured us that it's in walking distance. Nonetheless, we drove there.

It was still pitch dark when we arrived, so we spent some time relaxing and taking pictures. Here are some of my fav picture taken there.
I like the bluring effect :D

another group pic!

Me - Luc - Syed - Mae - Alexa

The trio

I like this pic also. I think it was a candid shot, but at that moment I was looking at the camera.

Luc - syed - Mae - Me

Me and Mae. Love ya gal!

At around 8 o'clock, we went back to our hotel. Mae, Eliza, Jeremy and Calvin went for the hotel breakfast while the rest of us went back to sleep. We checked out at 11 am, and went in search for Jo and Fred for the rest of our adventure. We went to a lot of museums, hung out in malls to pass time, went for the Tamingsari Tower and our last stop was the Jonker Street night market.

Most of us got gifts for family and friends from there. the stuff there are priced okay and the food there is quite nice. At around 10+ pm, we said goodbye to Malacca and head back for KL.

On the last note, I bought a miniature of Bones! really! I was walking around and saw a miniature of bones. It's just a little smaller than Sam Bones and I decided to call this Bones Junior.

Bones JR. and Sam Bones

There's an even tinier one, but i didn't buy it because I didn't want to risk the warth of my mom for buying too many soft toys. One day, I shall get my hands on the tiny bones and my Bones family will be completed. I even thought of the name of my future tiny bones. I am going to call it, Tiny. Tiny Bones. :D

No comments: