Thursday, June 26, 2008

High Blood Pressure??

Today, after going out with my friends to Cheras just to eat 'Pan mee', I came home, took a nap and then my mom said that she wanted to bring me to see a woman' specialist because I had some problems with my monthlies.

When I went there, it was really quite odd since that is the first time I went to see such a doctor. I did my first ultra-scan. Told my mom that the first thing they would suspect is that I am pregnant, and this is the second time someone asked me if I have a bf and is sexually active. Well, it turned out that I am NOT pregnant (kind of obvious) and they scanned my womb which was quite cool since I get to see it though it's not very clear and I really wonder how did she made out the shapes.

The doctor suspected that it is caused by hormone imbalance which directly affect my weight lost (it freaking hard) - according to the doctor. So, she did a hormone test. It was quite daunting since the last time I took a jab was 2 months ago and it didn't hurt back then. This time, it hurts!! Maybe it's because they are extracting something and not injecting something. I can actually feel the pull!! Oh yeah, my hand now has a hole where the needle went through.

Before all that, I went for the usual stuff, weight and blood pressure test and the nurse say that my blood pressure is VERY high. Tested more than 5 times since they thought that I was feeling nervous or something like that. Obviously, my blood pressure became the hot topic of the day. Everyone was discussing why my blood pressure was so high for a gal my age.

Questions they asked:

Do you often eat fast food - No

Do you eat a LOT of meat - No

Do you eat vegetable - Yes

and so the questions went on. My mom sort of freaked out since no one could really understand my blood pressure and finally the doctor concluded that it's my hormones. We left, with one question hanging in the air (the doc has to rush to Pantai Hospital for her next session).

Does hormones affect high blood pressure? Hmmm....

No comments: