Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the mend

Sprained toe joint or gout? that is the question.

seriously. I say it's sprained toe joint while my mom is convinced that it's gout because I have urine acid. But I still say it's sprained toe joint cos all the symptoms are just exactly the same and I have the real bad habit to pull my toe at every single direction whenever I play computer. And when I say pull, I really pull it HARD. so it's really no surprising if it finally sprained. I knew that habit of mine was gonna to get me into trouble one day, but do I stop? Nope! and I have the feeling that it won't stop anytime soon~~

What I was talking about was the pain at my toe that I was complaining about in the past 2 posts. Getting allergic to the med that was issued by the first doc, I didn't want to get back to him again. He seemed unsure of his own treatment when he issued me 5 different medication just for that. And that got me into trouble.

Today, after presentation, which was a torture for me because I could barely stand on my feet and I had to walk to the car and back since my mom didn't want to drive in, we went back to the leng zai doctor that first stabbed me with the tetanus injection. The moment I limped into his office, he was like, is it the rusty nail you stepped on? (I said nail cos screw just sounded tooooo wrong. lol)

I was like, erm no no... it's the other leg. and he seriously started poking and prodding HARD. I can't move my toe and he went pulling it in different directions. OMG! it hurts like crazy!!! it was funny cos he stab at the spot and when I said it hurts, he stab on it again asking the same question! lolz. but I honestly think that he felt more professional than the first doc that just went touch touch and declared the prescription.

Mom gave him the med, and he was totally horrified that the first doc gave me SOOOO many medication. in the end, he decided that I was most probably allergic to the painkillers and gave me another type.

When we asked what may had caused this, he told my mom it was most probably sprain toe joint but it could be caused by gout as well and she being the typical herself, latch onto the gout idea and didn't want to let go. They even discussed how did I get my urine acid. they finally came to the conclusion that it was hereditary. so for now, that means mummy dear is gonna force me to drink more of that green stuff that taste like green tea caused one of it's functions is suppose to be able to flush out urine acid. Is that true? I totally have no idea, but one of my family friend is taking it and claimed he hasn't have a gout attack since then.

Honestly, after taking the med, the pain in my leg subdue more than the first med. but that means the pain killer is way stronger. But now my toe could move!! at first when i put it on the ground, I can't bend it at all so it's sticking out literally like a sore thumb or rather TOE, but now i could flex it down and touch the ground. It makes walking easier, but it still hurts though not as much.

I asked for an MC so that tomorrow I could give it to Bill. I still want to avoid putting pressure on my leg so that means no heels for presentation tomorrow. it won't hurt to get an MC anyway. :D

So yeah. basically, it's on the healing process. FINALLY!! all thanks to the leng zai doc!! maybe it's just me thinking he's leng zai in a way. Mae, u saw him. what u think? lolz.

signing off,
wen

No comments: