Tuesday, November 24, 2009

bad year for my leg

Yes. you read the title rite. It's a bad year specifically for my leg. seriously.

remember the 2nd last post that I made was about stepping on a rusty nail and getting a tetanus jab?

well, this post is also about my leg!!

The ball of my feet directly under the first toe on my left leg started aching when I walk yesterday. Since it was nothing new, I decided to ignore it. The pain will usually go away after I put weight off my leg. However, yesterday's ache was different. It lasted until now (yes, it's still aching) and it's painful to the point that I couldn't put weight on it which means walking in HELP and BV lopsided.

For the whole night, I couldn't sleep at all due to the constant sharp throbbing pain radiating from that particular spot. I withstood the pain until 6 am, when I literally burst out in tears. Went to talk to my mom about it, hearing her telling me that it's nothing really didn't do much for me.

Once the damp open its gates, I seriously couldn't stop crying. I think in just 3 hours, I cried like 4-5 times. the pain was becoming unbearable. Mom finally decided that it's not nothing and it's something, she asked my bro to take me to the doc. but I still had to wait till 11.30 for him to be free. so yes, for the whole night and morning, I was writhing in pain. The ball of my feet directly under the big toe is swollen, has intense pain AND I can't move my big toe at all. It's just there, the range of motion is totally gone!

At first, I thought that maybe I did something that caused a crack in the bone since the intensity is so high and I couldn't walk at all. But when I went to doctor, he poked and prodded and pronounced it inflammation although he changed his mind 2 times which is kinda scary. I was in the doc's office for like 2 minutes. Before my bro could park his car, I was done! He gave me 5 types of meds - 2 antibiotics, 3 for swelling and pain killers - I have to eat like 8 tablets of med in total twice a day!! scary!

It took the pain killer some time to take effect and the pain reduced to a slow throbbing. I have no idea if it's because of the pain killer or the ice pack that I dumped on it after reading on the internet that it helps with the pain. Whatever it is, I am glad that it's not as painful anymore.

But for the day, I am stuck on the bed, in my room since doc says no walking, no weight on my feet and no heels. which means, for tomorrow and thurs's presentation I will have to wear flip flops since that's the only shoe I can wear with the swelling. My other sandals are just too constraining.

I still have the consumer take home test to do but depending on my leg, I might skip out on this. After all, he say he will take only 4 out of 5 quizzes, so that give me the choice to skip if I want to. It largely depends on how everything is after my sleep - that if I can sleep with the pain (I only manage to get a total of 15 minutes shut eye since yesterday morning thanks to the leg)

well, isn't it a bad year for my leg? what you think? first stepping on a rusty screw and now this? Sigh... if I didn't take my tetanus jab and the screw jabbed my other leg (sounds wrong!), I would have thought that it was due to the screw. But since it's a totally different leg, I guess not. I suppose both of my legs are trying to get equal with the other? since one get hurt, the other must too? Sigh...

oh well, hopes it get better. and after doing some googling, I wonder if I am experiencing turf toe since the symptoms are exactly the same. Though turf toe is USUALLY caused by sports and I don't do sports whatsoever. but that doesn't mean I can't sprain my toe joints rite?

Signing off,
Wen

No comments: