Saturday, May 31, 2008

Post Dinner Drinking Session With Cousins

Since I am unable to sleep mainly due to the fact that I took tea and had a VERY late supper, here I am to pass the time and post up another entry of my 'rarely-updated journal' on the life of a well, not so devilish devil. This time, it on a post dinner drinking session that I had with my cousins. I had a lot of fun today. It's always nice to spend some time with them.

Yes, I followed my cousin's, James car today since my bro decided to dump me at home and go out with his friends before going out with my cousins. For the first time, I dressed up. No slipping on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. This time, I wore a blouse that I bought from Blook which I never got around wearing. I put it on, tried it with every fashion I could think of (belt, tying a knot and etc...) I finally settled tying a knot at a corner that would look like a rose from afar (learn that trick when one of the Blook ladies showed it to my friend). Heck, since I am in the rare mood of dressing up, I even went through the pile of necklace to search for one that would suit me.

So yeah, the post dinner drinking session was suppose to take place at La Bodega, Bangsar but we changed the venue since they could not accommodate us. We went to Ah Li Yaa Restaurant and Bar located at Lorong Dungun. Since I went with my cousin and only had a vague directions from my brother, I guess it is alright to say that we got lost in that area ALTHOUGH I studied around that area (just above the street) for about 2 years??

When we finally found the place and gave RM 5 for car jockey, we called the organizer, another cousin of mine, Andy and realize that we were the first to arrive. Yay! So, the both of us stood there, at the sidewalk of the place looking very out of place as everyone around us starting hugging and giving air kisses to their friends.

We gotten a spot in the smoking area, I think mostly because the non-smoking area is packed and is unable to accommodate us since there are about 17 of us. We started snapping pictures and it took us about an hour to settle on the menu. We ordered a bottle of Whiskey, I think, and some white wine. Oh yeah, this outing was mainly for my cousin who is currently in Malaysia but works in Australia to meet us, some sort of a gathering among us cousins (18+ cousins only, so the younger ones are not allow to attend since there are alcohol involve).

I didn't really keep track of how many cups of Whiskey I drank, but all I knew was that I was starting to get a little tipsy. Just a little. Nothing a few cups of water and a few rounds to the toilet couldn't solve. Needless to say, when we are about to leave for the late supper I was sober, like I never consumed alcohol at all!!

We then headed to KL for Bah Kut Teh, at 1 in the morning. Didn't really eat much and this was paid by my cousin. Thank you!! You know who you are.

After supper, it was time to disband. Went home with my bro, had a chat with my mom on what we did today and here I am, typing out a very short, lame and a waste of time entry. So, yeah, there you have it.

Oh yeah!! here are some pictures that I managed to snap.

Quite a blur picture of me, taken by myself by using a mirror. This was taken AFTER the outing. Just want to have a picture of how I looked. You might not be able to see the 'rose'. It's that lump of this at the bottom left hand side of the shirt.

Us that had attended the gathering. Ben was holding the camera so that's why he is not in the picture. Notice at the bottom right hand corner there is a white blob there? That's another cousin of mine. :)

Me and Ben. Since my glasses is getting repaired, I am wearing contact lenses. I can see clearly and I am NOT as blind as a bat.

8 guys and 1 girl?? I think this has something to do with futsal match among cousins. Am not really sure. Oh yeah, three quarter of those of us who attended wore black. It's like our unofficial dress code.



I had to say that tonight I really had a great time. It was fun interacting with them, getting to know them better and even having the older cousins to share their experience and antics of them and the uncles when they are younger. Since I had rarely mix with the male or older cousins in the family, I would say that it's great that I am finally getting around on doing just that. It's just great to be involved and invited to the events that are held by cousins for cousins, let it be a party or just a small gathering. It is definitely a big differences from the times when I was younger and only keep to the younger female cousins.





No comments: