Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wedding Dinner

Okay, okay...

I know I said that I will write about my babies, but I was wrong alright? I'm going to write about my relative's wedding dinner instead. I am not really sure how we are related, but we are. If I am not mistaken, it's has something to do with my dad's side of the family. I think he is our cousin or something like that(I thought that he was my dad's cousin at first, but another cousin of mine, Esther told me that he is our cousin and not my dad's cousin. Confusing?? Just take it as he being our relative. Problem solved)

Anyway.....

I really am not suppose to attend this wedding dinner. I had already plan to go out with Michelle and the others, maybe for dinner and a movie at my place later but since my mom signed me up AFTER I bailed, I had to go. Don't get what I mean? It's something like that. I was asked to attend, but I didn't want to. Then, I was force to but then I bailed out again. Somehow or rather, my mom signed me up again and this time I can't bail out so here I am, writing about the wedding dinner instead of my babies. (Sorry babies :) ) Anyway, it ended that I HAD to attend the dinner.

It was held in Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel. For those who doesn't know where is that, you are either not from KL or if you are, then you definitely come from a very ULU place. Anyway, it was written there that it will start at 7.30 PM sharp BUT being typical Malaysian, it started, oh let's just say about an hour later? Since I ate VERY light lunch, I was almost starved when the dinner is served.

As I was waiting for dinner to be served, I took pictures of random stuff and of my cousins. Here are some pictures....

This is one of the decorations on the table. Took a picture of it because I was bored and it looks nice.

This was among the gifts that was provided by the wedding couple. Inside contains a chocolate. The other is a pair of chopsticks??? I am eating the chocolate now and it's delicious!!!


A picture of Melissa and Me.

Finally, after cam-whoring session, dinner is FINALLY served. It was a 7 course meal, the food is not that great and it's not that terrible either. Let's just call it edible. The emcee's speech is boring, the atmosphere is not that great and the music can put people to sleep. But the whole purpose to the celebrate the joining of 2 people that is fortunately enough to meet and spend their lives with each other so the most important thing is that the 2 people finds it a beautiful and meaningful beginning of their new lives.

Yeah, some people were quite annoyed at the fact that the emcee said stuff that sort of spoil the mood. It's a wedding dinner, the atmosphere is suppose to be a happy one and yet the emcee mentioned about the victims of the earthquake in China and that kind of reminded us that there are people out there that are suffering and it kind of put a damp on the mood. So yeah, there was some grumbling but other than that there wasn't really much to say.

Since we 'kids' were sitting on one table, we were having our own version of fun. We came up with weird and lame 'IQ' questions.

1st lame IQ question...

Andy: what is the name of transformer's parents??

All of us: ........

Ben: All Spark!! (the cube thing in the movie)

Andy: Wrong answer.

finally.... after many rounds of guessing...

Andy: the answer is.......... Trans-parent.

Li Wen: *Sweat*

2nd lame 'IQ' question.

Chang Loong: *hand moves forward* if this signifies superman, what does this signifies?? *hand moves backwards*

Ben: namrepus (the direct 'terbalik' spelling of superman)

later....

Andy: Superman Returns! (the correct answer)

The rest: *SWEAT!!*

So yeah, in between the lame IQ questions we had lots of laugh. We were making fun of the pronunciations of the speakers. For example,

Bride and Groom became Bribe and Groom.

Premise became permisce

Emergency became MMergency.

Instrument became Insolences. (Don't understand how he could mispronounce it....)


Suffice to say that the speaker's pronunciations sucks and we had a blast laughing at it.

After the dinner, I took out my camera and started snapping pictures again. Among them were....

This was what I wore today. After the big fuss on what to wear, I settled on this. This blouse was chosen by Jennifer, at Blook 1 Utama.

This is a picture of my Ber Kor and Me. It was taken by Ben again at the reception table.

So yeah, that's all for today's post. The food was okay, the atmosphere and music was boring, the speeches were weird but who cares as long as the couple is happy? So, I wish the newly wed couples congratulations and have a great life ahead!!



No comments: