I just came back from a cruise yesterday.I - or rather my dad - paid only RM 170 which includes boarding, 4 meals and transport from and to the ship, which is super cheap. it's entertaining at certain point, but I think it's more suitable for people who like gambling since the cruise is Leisure World Cruise aka the gambling cruise. the name would have sort of tipped me to what kind of experience I am going to have right? but you see, sometimes, i can't help but conflict pain onto myself and this is one of the instances.
I woke up at 4 just to get ready and to reach at the meeting point of the bus that will be coming to pick us up at 5.30 - 6 AM. needless to say, with my internal clock all jumbled up, 4 o'clock was suppose to be my usual sleeping time during holidays. so when i have to wake up at 4 instead, i am very grumpy and short tempered.
For this trip, I went with my family, T's family and all the other aunties and uncles plus a few more of the youngsters from various families. among them are the 2 gals that had went with us to Macau. okay get the scenario here. Me and T, we have been friends for like what? 21 years?? Even then, sometimes the both of us speaks at different wave lengths. but, we still communicate fairly fine and mostly keep each other entertained during the trips that we tagged along with our parents. so you can see how we sort of have a volatile friendship there? so, when 2 pretty gals comes into the picture that speaks at the similar wave lengths as T, obviously he is going to move towards them rite? after all, they have more topics to talk about. so, during macau, I was sort of the odd one out. and since the 2 gals came along for this trip as well, it was needless to say i was the odd one out again.
it was bad enough that I already sort of lost the only person that I call friend in this trip, so when the seating arrangement screwed up where i ended up from sitting next to my mom to sitting next to T to sitting alone, i was already kinda pissed off and in a bad mood. when i ended up sitting next to T, I was not very happy because I know that he is most probably planning to sit with one of the gals. Which I was right by the way. he hinted here and there that he wanted to sit with one of the gals and what can i say? "NO!! you can't sit with her. you must sit with me?". yeah right. as if I will say that. so instead, I said "umm, okay. if you wanna sit with her then go la." and he did. he ditched me. So, i ended up sitting next to this aunt instead. which isn't really that bad if i don't feel like my only friend had absolutely ditched me for the whole cruise. I was pretty upset back then, but looking back now, i feel kinda silly for getting upset over this.
so, with my mood already half way spoilt, it became worse when what my dad termed as "mental torture" started in the bus ride. mental torture is..... lacking of sleep, having the speaker directly above you, having the music blasted at the highest volume and having people singing karaoke off tune while you are trying to sleep - in the BUS. so yes, that was the most horrible thing I have to endure everytime I go for holidays with my parents. but I suppose that is what I have to put up with if I wanna tag along.
and when I finally reach the cruise ship which is located about an hour ferry ride from the Pasir Gudang port, this was what I found. All I did was stood rooted at the entrance of the door staring at the bed, wondering how does one actually fit in to the top bunk, which by the way, would be ME.
it was later that I realize that the bunk can actually come down. PHEW!
After that was the usual stuff of getting ready and exploring the ship. the ship was alright I suppose, but of course, it won't be able to compete with Star Cruise and other luxury cruises. it doesn't even have a swimming pool. with it being a gambling cruise, the main attraction was - surprise!!- the casino. so, for the whole 24 hours in the ship, I spent most of my time in the casino inhaling second hand smoke and watching people gamble.
there are certain times where I could actually feel the ship move and it's not a very nice feeling, especially when I am trying to eat and the ship is swaying and I am trying to keep the food down in my stomach. or even when I am standing still and the ship starts swaying and the first image that comes into mind is the scene where titanic is sinking. even worse when the only tune I can remember is the ever famous theme song of titanic.
surprisingly, sleep was quite comfortable. I didn't expect it to be from the way the bunk looked, but seriously, when my alarm rang the next morning, i didn't want to wake up. I even went back to sleep after breakfast. :D
we left the ship at about 3 and started our journey home. Reached home at about 12 midnight was was dead tired with a massive headache. but when it's time to sleep, I still cant sleep so I ended up surfing the net and reading ebook. So, I woke up today at 4!! as in 4 in the evening. and now I can't sleep again. OMG!!
anyway, if you ask me if I would want to go back to the cruise someday, I would say no. it's really not my type of cruise. I am imagining big ballrooms, performances, swimming pool and lots of cute guys which this cruise is definately lacking. but I think the older generation enjoyed it better than me because they enjoyed themselves in the casino, which I didnt.
the travelling hours are also so long and the fun and joy that I am suppose to experience there is just not worth it in my opinion because again, I don't gamble. (though I have to admit I enjoyed myself in the casino for the whole 15 minutes where I played a free 10 SGD slot machine game.)
for this trip, I actually went through a 6.5 hours long of "lets give Claire a massive headache" busride (one way), 1 hour+ of "let's make her sea sick" of ferry ride (one way), sleep in a "let's make Claire claustophobic" bunk, bath in a "let's give Claire bruises" shower and spent most of my time in a "let's give Claire lungs cancer from second hand smoking" casino.
5 words: NOT MY TYPE OF CRUISE.
well, for those of you who have unknowingly stumbled across this post and for some unknown reason you wanna read it, the cruise is really not that bad. it's just not my type. in fact, if you like gambling and want a change of scenario from Genting, you should try it. Though everything is in SG Dollar.
oh yeah, please please please please take my advise and fly to Johor instead of opting for the bus ride unless for some reason, you like to travel in busses. trust me, paying the extra Rm 100 plus for the air ticket is worth it.
One good thing that came out from this trip is the fact that my parents didn't want the free SGD 10 for the slot machines, so I took it to play. and Hey! I won SGD 75 from it! now I am SGD 75 richer!! haha...
oh yeah, here are some pictures that took.
My room. Shh!! don't tell him that he is in the picture :D
that's all for now
signing off,
wen
No comments:
Post a Comment